NDBC Real-Time Data
NDBC moored buoy, C-MAN, and drifting buoy data are available in real-time through selecting either:
- NDBC Station locator map: a series of regional maps which show station locations.
- If you know the station identifier, the fastest approach is to type it in the Station ID Search box at the top of the panel on the left side of the screen.
- NDBC Station ID List and Search: a tabular list of station identifiers.
Real-time data are available for the last 45 days (at least the last 24 hours for non-NDBC stations) in tabular form (better for use with spreadsheets, graphics programs etc.). Real-time data can also be obtained from the NDBC real-time data directory, listed by station Id and file type extension. The standard meteorological files have .txt extensions. Other data types have different extensions, but the listing includes brief data type descriptions to the right of each file.
Also available on station pages are links to historical data and climatic summaries.
Alternate sources of NDBC real-time data
- The Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System (GLCFS) makes the latest NDBC data from the Great Lakes available along with a variety of other data sources from the area.
- Ocean Prediction Center provides a 3 hour Regional Sea State Analysis for the Atlantic.
- Ocean Prediction Center provides a 3 hour Regional Sea State Analysis for the Pacific