Effective Sunday, March 17, 2024, the National Weather Service National Data Buoy Center will discontinue its Dial-A-Buoy Interactive Voice Response system. For more information, see Service Change Notice 24-06 (PDF).
How can I link to the most recent BuoyCAM image for a station?
NDBC operates BuoyCAMs at several stations. These BuoyCAMs typically take photos only during daylight hours.
To view the most recent BuoyCAM image from an NDBC station, use this URL:
where xxxxx is the desired station ID. To see which stations are currently reporting BuoyCAM images, check the BuoyCAMs map.
If the server encounters any difficulties in processing your request, you will receive one of these error messages:
- No station specified
- Modify your URL to use the station parameter to specify a valid station with a BuoyCAM (station=xxxxx where xxxxx is the station ID). Review the BuoyCAMs map to see which stations have a BuoyCAM.
- Invalid station specified
- The station on the URL is not a valid station. Review the BuoyCAMs map to see which stations have a BuoyCAM.
- This station has no BuoyCAM
- The station on the URL is valid but has no BuoyCAM installed. Look at the BuoyCAMs map to see which stations have a BuoyCAM.
- BuoyCAM photo for this station is older than 16 hours
- The BuoyCAM on the specified station has not reported in the past 16 hours, hence there is no image to display.
- Unable to access BuoyCAMs at this time
- There is an issue preventing the BuoyCAM process from functioning properly. Recommend waiting at least 30 minutes and trying again, if the problem persist contact the NDBC webmaster with the URL used and the date/time the error was received.